Thursday, November 14, 2013

Thor's Day-- UPDATE: NaNoWriMo Day 14!!!

Last weekend, the students and I got together for our first Saturday write-in. From 10 a.m. until nearly noon, we wrote, updated our status on the http://ywp.nanowrimo.org website, challenged each other with a few rounds of writeordie.com word sprints and had a nice break to create our annual NaNoWriMo writing journals and a few totem octopi.


The students that are showing up to the after-school, lunch and Saturday write-ins are a committed group. Even the high school students that are working on their own this year are making great progress!

I've included a few pictures of the journals some of the students created and a list of a few of the "mustache challenge" entries from our after-school write-in on Wednesday.  (The mustache challenge is a 10-minute word-sprint that is not won by word count, but on the best use of a mustache in your story. The winners won mustache-themed mini-notebooks.)

We still have sixteen more days of intense writing! I hope to get back to the normal routine of blog posts by the end of this month!

KEEP WRITING!

MUSTACHE CHALLENGE ENTRIES:

Alex, the bartender, "What is with the mustaches? They are kind of creepy."
"It's an annual thing. Last year, you missed it by a hair."
"That is the cheesiest pun ever."
"I know that's why you love me."
"Well, it's weird and I don't think I can handle this level of mustache."
"Very funny. I get off in about ten minutes. We could go to the club down the street."

I saw a faint outline of a bushy mustache that was plastered onto a man's face. This man I recognize as one of the leading workers in my queen's land As soon as I saw the mustache, in all it's burliness glory, I quickly get a glimpse of the bright blue eyes and the pale sweaty face.

He had a mustache. It was red, like his hair. It looked weird and almost like an orange color. It wasn't shaved so it was all over the lace. The weirdest fact about his mustache is that Justin only looked to be about 17.

The students were surprised to find the multi-colored mustache saying "good morning' and flying around the room, shocking the kids.

A pig with a mustache was carrying a taser, which also had a mustache.

Finally, the ambulance and fire truck come. Apparetnly one fire resucer likes mustaches He was wearing a "I mustache you a question. But I'll shave it for later" shrit, and he had a hairy mustache too. I mean who wouldn't liek a mustache?

The dealer his mustache is a bright neon, purple with white hairs dyed obviously, but it was in a cool way. But he didn't look a day over 20.

No comments:

Post a Comment